Finis explains each exercise, tells you how it should be done, and Ashlee Knapp of The New York City Ballet does it, in her inimitable way. She is an absolute delight! Watch how beautifully she works her legs and feet, and how she moves with musical precision and lyrical delicacy. Slowly and surely, Finis and Ashlee take you through each exercise, giving you all the important ideas you need to know, so that you will steadily progress, and dance as the best professionals do. With great care, each exercise is presented and demonstrated so that you will learn to talk with your toes, as Ashlee does. You'll enjoy doing these exercises to Scott Killian's orchestrated music. It's magic time!
Watch it Now!
The Art of Pointework Level 2 is also available to stream instantly on your computer or mobile device. Click here to learn more!
1. Stretching the foot, relevé. Parallel, 1st, & 2nd positions
2. Grand plié, relevé. 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th positions
3. Relevés. 1st, 2nd, 4th, & 5th positions
4. Tendu, piqué. 5th position
5. Sous-sus, rétiré, fondu, piqué pas de bourrée
6. Développé, pas de bourrée, couru en tournant
7. Relevé, sur le cou de pied, piqué pas de bourrée
8. échappé, sous-sus, rétiré, piqué pas de bourrée
9. Développé, grand rond de jambe, promenade, demi-fouetté
10. échappé en croix, rétiré, échappé changé, sous-sus
11. Sous-sus, développé, fondu, relevé arabesque
12. Piqué rétiré, piqué ballonné, pas de bourrée
13. Fondu relevé en croix, pas de bourrée
14. Piqué, relevé & fondu in arabesque & attitude
15. Pirouette en dehors
16. Center floor: walking sur les pointes, pas de bourrée
17. Center floor: Piqué to 5th position sur les pointes
18. Center floor: échappé en croix, sous-sus, pas de bourrée
New Ballet Music 3
New Ballet Music 4 - "All in 3/4"
Pointe DVDs Package
ALL REGIONS DVD 47 minutes. 15 barre, 3 center exercises. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Aslee Knapp. Advised by Judith Weiss. Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 3 and New Ballet Music 4 - "All in 3/4"
"This DVD is wonderful! Your ideas and work are so helpful to all of us in the ballet world—teachers, dancers, and ballet enthusiasts/amateurs like myself." — Dr. jur. Xiaobing Yang-Benckendorff, Management Consultant, Frankfurt, Germany
"This DVD is the greatest I've ever seen! Not only is there demonstration by a dancer, but Finis teaches you 'how to it' and his commentaries are understandable, even by a foreign teacher like me. My students and their mothers love it. I've found what I was looking for! Thank you, Finis, for this unique educational material!" — Simone Hock, Owner/Teacher, La Danza, Krombach, Germany
"His knowledge, clarity, and love for dancers and the dance are inspiring." - Penny King, Stillpoint Dance Studio, Grants Pass, OR
"This DVD is an excellent aide for beginning students of pointe, regardless of age. It begins with some easy stretches that provide a safe warm-up for the feet and ankles, and then quickly moves to a series of plies and releves, which emphasize the importance of smooth rolling foot movements, and correctly positioning the entire body for balance. As the video proceeds, the exercises grow progressively more challenging, demanding increased speed, coordination, and foot muscle strength. This DVD includes both barrework and center floor work, and I found its explanations and illustrations to be extremely helpful." - Carol Garmiza, Adult Student, New York, NY
"Been working with your DVDs for the past two weeks and it has changed me. I have been more focused and aware during my ballet classes and in everyday life. I love how you explain and teach the movements in sequences and it has slowed me down to really think before I dance the move. Even my pointe work is getting better. Keep making the ballet world bigger and better!" — Stasha Becker, US Army Europe