This new ballet warm-up was inspired by the boys of BILLY ELLIOT: THE MUSICAL on Broadway. To get these extraordinarily talented youngsters warmed up and ready to turn and jump within a 1-hour class, Finis had them work off the barre, standing in center floor in front of the mirrors. When you are unable to hold on to a barre, you quickly learn to place yourself and engage the muscles needed in order maintain turn-out and balance. Furthermore, watching yourself work in the mirror improves concentration and muscle memory since you are "feeling what you see" and "seeing what you feel." In this breakthrough DVD, carefully paced choreographed exercises which turn and travel will refine your movement skills, as you stretch and strengthen your entire body. You will naturally develop a keener awareness of when and how to work your head, shoulders, and arms in order to balance the movements of your feet and legs. And, most of all, you dance as you warm-up! NEW FEATURE: Once you've become familiar with the exercises and Finis's instructions, you may want to view only the exercise demonstrations with music without the instructional breaks. Now you can! We've added a "PLAY WARM-UP" button which lets you view only the exercise demonstrations which proceed without interruption.
Watch it Now!
The Center Floor Ballet Warm-Up is also available to stream instantly on your computer or mobile device. Click here to learn more!
Play the video in 3 modes: Full Class, Individual Exercises, or Workout Mode where you can run the exercises without instruction.
1. Jog in 3/4
2. Plié & stretch
3. Battements tendus to the side, temps lié, stretch
4. Battements tendus & dégagés, front & back, stretch
5. Quick dégagés to the side, balance on half toe
6. Battements tendus over-crossing in 4th position, pas de bourrées
7. Flic tendus en tournant en dehors, dégagés, pose on half toe, grand port de bras
8. Tendu, soutenu, relevé passé, pose & promenade turn
9. Ronds de jambe à terre, fondus, pas de bourrées
10. Battements dégagés, fondu relevés, pas de bourrées
11. Grands battements to the front, fondu relevé, tombé pas de bourrée
12. Grands battements to the back, fondu relevé, tombé pas de bourrée
13. Grands battements to the side, fondu relevé, tombé pas de bourrée
14. Pas de basque, arabesque, pas de bourrée, pirouette en dehors
New Ballet Music 9 - "In the Moment"
ALL LEVELS. ALL REGIONS DVD 60 minutes. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Sachiko Kanai. Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 9 "In the Moment"
"The centre classes are so effective—all my students love your centre barre. The results are amazing! Thank you again!"— Ione Barczak, Ballet Mistress, City Ballet, Auckland, New Zealand
"Two of my pre-pointe class won 1st place in the MOVE Dance Competition in Denver Colorado. They have had only 2 years of ballet! We are from a very small town in Wyoming and have only had a dance studio for 3 years. This was such an incredible experience, not only for my students but for myself and our dance academy. So I have to thank you once again for the fabulous instructional DVD's. We could not have accomplished this unbelievable moment without having your wisdom. Thank you for sharing your gift of dance with us."—Lori Bickford, Ballet Instructor, Meadowlark Academy of Dance, Newcastle, WY