This Class is so much fun! Finis shows and explains each exercise, Saige does it, Finis corrects and coaches, Saige does it again. When it's needed, Finis has Saige try a step several times so that it's very clear to the viewer (and Saige) what needs to be done. Besides the technical "how to" information, Finis gives examples of musical and artistic choices that make the difference.
With each exercise, it becomes clear that as you learn and perfect your preparations, you'll get the results you’re looking for. The centerwork proceeds from working on pirouettes at the barre through grand pirouettes en dedans to new jumps such as balloté, balloné, entrechat royale, grand fouetté en tournant, and grand jeté saut de chat. You're going to watch this one with a smile and hope in your heart!
1. Barre practice: Turning the plié en dehors, half turn pirouette simple
2. Barre practice: Turning the plié en dehors, full turn pirouette simple
3. Chaînés turns, pas de bourrée, pirouettes en dehors, port de bras
4. Waltz, pas de bourrée, pirouettes en dehors & en dedans, chaînés turns
5. Grand pirouettes en dedans: à la seconde, attitude, arabesque
6. Fondu développé a la quatrième devant, pas de bourrée, changements, pirouettes en dedans & en dehors
7. Assemblé porté, sissone passé, pas de bourrée, ballotés
8. Jeté, balloné, sauté, fondu, tombé, balloné, pas de bourrée
9. Sauté arabesque, chassé, assemblé, échappé sauté, entrechat royale
10. Grand fouetté en tournant
11. Grand jeté saut de chat
12. Pas de bourrée sauté, grand jeté saut de chat
Bonus Sections: Finis talks with Saige
Saige’s Pre-class Stretches
New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
New Ballet Music 11 - "Illuminations"
FJ Ballet Technique DVDs Package
ALL REGIONS DVD 90 minutes. 12 center exercises. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Saige Miller. CD Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 11 - "Illuminations" & New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
CAUTION: For demonstration purposes, Finis Jhung uses a professional dancer whose capabilities are well beyond those of most viewers. Do not attempt to perform these or any exercises without first consulting your physician about whether the exercises are right for you, and whether you are capable of doing them without trained supervision. The producers, distributors and creators of the program are not responsible for injuries resulting from any viewer's use of it.
"Thank you - thank you - thank you! Although (unfortunately) we can’t all be dancers, these instructional videos that we can watch and digest at home, at our own pace, can probably help most of us to stand, place ourselves, look halfway human, and feel at least somewhat stable in our attempts!! I have decided to order another batch of your marvelous videos - surely there can’t ever be enough 'pointers' for me!" - Linda Tao, MD, New York, NY