Finis shows and explains each exercise, 15-year-old Saige demonstrates on both sides, Finis comments and analyzes, and then Saige repeats the exercise. This video is all about the preparations that create the results. Watch how Saige turns her plié and rolls through her feet. As she starts dancing across the floor, notice how Saige places and works her plié and pushes with her feet, which results in beautifully placed triple pirouettes en dehors. Finis and Saige then concentrate on the en dedans pirouette, showing you how to prepare for these tricky turns so that you will really get on your leg and turn with ease.
Besides giving you technical instructions and demonstrations on everything from simple pirouettes to grand pirouettes en dedans, Finis has also choreographed some of the exercises so that you can work on your dancing skills. And, of course, Saige works on the ballerina's "bread & butter" steps — piqué turns and fouetté turns. After Saige shows her single fouetté turns, she goes on and does doubles. Dance, Ballerina, Dance!
1. Rolling through the feet, at the barre
2. Turning the plié, half way, at the barre
3. Pirouette en dehors to fourth position, at the barre
4. Échappé, relevé retiré, fondu relevé, pirouette en dehors
5. Pas de bourrée, pirouette en dehors, piqué arabesque
6. Assemblé soutenu, pirouette en dedans
7. Piqué arabesque en manège, pas de bourrée, pirouette en dedans
8. Développé écarté, relevé attitude, pas de bourrée en tournant, pirouette en dehors
9. Pas de bourrée en tournant, grand rond de jambe, chassé, relevé-développé, piqué arabesque, grand pirouette à la seconde
10. Piqué pirouette en dedans, pas de bourrée couru en première
11. Piqué pirouette en attitude en dedans, pas de bourrée
12. Fouetté rond de jambe en tournant en dehors sautillé
13. Fouetté rond de jambe en tournant: Singles, Doubles
1. Finis talks with Saige
2. Saige’s Pre-Class Stretches
3. Saige & Her Pointe Shoes
New Ballet Music 11 - "Illuminations"
New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
Pointe DVDs Package
ALL REGIONS DVD 92 minutes. 12 exercises. 3 Bonus Extras. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Saige Miller. Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 11 - "Illuminations" & New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
CAUTION: For demonstration purposes, Finis Jhung uses a professional dancer whose capabilities are well beyond those of most viewers. Do not attempt to perform these or any exercises without first consulting your physician about whether the exercises are right for you, and whether you are capable of doing them without trained supervision. The producers, distributors and creators of the program are not responsible for injuries resulting from any viewer's use of it.
"I wish I had had your teaching tools years ago. You've enabled me to teach my students in a way I never have before. Thank you." - Laurie Levasseur, Laurie's School of Dance, Winslow, ME
"I love The Art of Pointework videos. I have utilized many different teaching enhancement videos over the years, and have come to appreciate quality teaching tips that work. Your videos reinforce good technique combined with the artistry and musicality that is the essence of dance. Combined with your beautifully orchestrated CD's, who wouldn’t be inspired?" - Patti Moore, Director, Creative Dance Arts, Clifton Park, NY