Finis gives a barre almost exactly like this when he teaches professional dancers in New York City. It is designed to gently warm up, stretch, and strengthen the entire body. Students say that are ready to do any kind of choreography after they’ve done this barre, which includes exercises that students identify as a "Finis Fix," especially his favorite barre stretch that goes from foot work to floor stretches to arabesque pencheé to attitude-arabesque balance on relevé. It releases the body and the mind, and leads you to an easy balance. Finis first shows and explains each exercise in this video, and then the young and talented Saige Miller does it, as Finis stands by, observing, instructing, and coaching. Watch how Saige is able to work without the barre, all the while maintaining correct posture, placement and turnout. This barre does what a good barre should do: it warms you up, reinforces the basics, and takes you forward. And, it gives you a leg to stand on.
Watch it Now!
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4: Intermediate Barrework is also available to stream instantly on your computer or mobile device. Click here to learn more!
2. Pliés with balances & stretches
3. Battement tendu à la seconde, 1st position
4. Battement tendu devant & derrière with stretches, 1st position
5. Quick battement tendu à la seconde, devant & derrière
6. Slow battement tendu with stretches & balance
7. Medium battement tendu en croix with demi plié, retiré, 5th position
8. Battement dégagé fermé, demi plié, balance, 5th position
9. Footwork, stretches, arabesque penchée, balance (attitude-arabesque)
10. Rond de jambe à terre, grand rond de jambe à la demi hauteur
11. Slow fondu, rond de jambe en l’air, 5th position
12. Quick fondu, frappé, petit battement, 5th position
13. Grand battement, passé, développé, stretch, 5th position
14.Fondu relevé with demi rond de jambe en l’air, retiré balance
New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4 - Intermediate Centerwork on Turns
The Finis Jhung Ballet Technique Level 4 - Intermediate Centerwork on Jumps
FJ Ballet Technique DVDs Package
ALL REGIONS DVD 60 minutes. 14 exercises. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Saige Miller. CD Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 10 - "Special Places"
"Your videos are the only ones that can still teach me something new and valuable. Our Ballet Conservatory uses its money judiciously to increase our extensive ballet and music library. We have your complete collection on our shelves, and yours are the only videos our students are allowed to view unsupervised. Your recordings are probably the greatest contribution to ballet methodology I have ever seen." - Kelli Ryan, Artistic Director, American Ballet Conservatory, Atwater, CA