Ballet Barre Stretch & Strength
This is the perfect barre workout for beginners as well as advanced dancers. Finis Jhung first shows and explains each exercise in detail: he tells you why it's important, breaks it down count-by-count, and shows you how to do it. The exercise is then demonstrated by Melissa Elstein, first to one side, then the other, and then repeated entirely. All the while, Finis is on camera making pointers and coaching. The barre progresses and advances slowly and methodically, gradually increasing in intensity, speed and range of movement. This is a comprehensive work-out for the entire body (and mind): beginners will learn the essential ideas of the ballet movement process while advanced dancers will be reminded of the often-neglected basics that make the difference. Welcome to the Finis Jhung Ballet Technique!
Play the video in 3 modes: Full Class, Individual Exercises, or Workout Mode where you can play the video without instruction
1. Rise, stretch
2. Plié, stretch
3. Tendu side, stretch
4. Tendu front & back, stretch
5. Foot pushes, relevé & balance
6. Work the demi-plié, retiré balance
7. Work the plié-relevé, retiré balance, spot
8. Degagé, petit passé-plié, stretch
9. Rond de jambe par terre, en l'air
10. Plié, fondu, plié-relevé, pirouette from 4th
11. Dégagé-plie, pas de bourrée, stretch, pirouette from 5th
12. Grand battement & fondu front & back, attitude-arabesque penchée
13. Developpé & grand battement side, frappé, petit battement
14. Fondu relevé en croix, stretch
BONUS: Finis chats with Melissa Elstein
New Ballet Music 7 "From the Heart"
ALL LEVELS. ALL REGIONS DVD. 85 minutes. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Melissa Elstein. CD Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 7 "From the Heart"
Be the first to review this DVD. Let us know what you think!