DESCRIPTIONFinis teaches you how to execute connecting movements, or linking steps, such as the glissade and pas de bourrée, so that they become preparations for the little jumps — petit allegro — that are a highpoint of every class. Finis shows each exercise, step-by-step, count-by-count, and then Saige does it. Finis then analyzes and corrects, and Saige repeats it. You know, there's nothing like looking in the mirror and seeing yourself "standing in the air." These exercises are designed to let you do just that. The French call it "ballon." Roughly translated, it means you’re going to have more bounce to the ounce!
1. Échappé sauté, sous-sus, tombé chassé pas de bourrée
2. Échappé sauté to one foot, chassé pas de bourrée
3. Sissone passé derrière, pas de bourrée dessous, chassé pas de bourrée
4. Sissone passé derrière, glisser, pas de bourrée
5. Glissade derrière, pas de bourrée
6. Glissade, tendu, passé par terre, pas de bourrée
7. Glissade, sissone passé derrière, pas de bourrée
8. Preparing for jeté
9. Jeté dessus, coupé, tendu, chassé pas de bourrées
10. Jeté dessus, auté derrière, coupé, tendu, passé par terre, arabesque, pas de bourrée
11. Glissade, jeté, coupé, passé par terre, arabesque, pas de bourrée
12. Assemblé dessus, sissone passé derrière, pas de bourrée
13. Glissade, assemblé, sissone passé derrière, pas de bourrée en tournant
14. Temps de cuisse, sissone fermé de côté, glisser tendu, pas de bourrée
15. Temps de cuisse, sissone fermé, glisser, arabesque, pas de bourrées
16. Temps de cuisse, sissone fermé, sissone ouverte, pas de bourrée, jeté, pas de bourrée, assemblé
17. Sauté arabesque, sauté derrière, pas de bourrée, glissade (jeté fermé)
New Ballet Music 3
New Ballet Music 4 - "All in 3/4"
New Ballet Music 5 - "Ballet Today"
New Ballet Music 7 - "From the Heart"
New Ballet Music 8 - "A Holiday Celebration"
FJ Ballet Technique DVDs Package
ALL REGIONS DVD 60 minutes. 18 exercises. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Saige Miller. CD Music by Scott Killian: Selections from New Ballet Music 3, 4 , 5, 7, & 8
CAUTION: For demonstration purposes, Finis Jhung uses a professional dancer whose capabilities are well beyond those of most viewers. Do not attempt to perform these or any exercises without first consulting your physician about whether the exercises are right for you, and whether you are capable of doing them without trained supervision. The producers, distributors and creators of the program are not responsible for injuries resulting from any viewer's use of it.
"This video is exactly what I've need. Jumps have been the hardest for me to learn, and now I see why. I didn't understand the WHAT or the HOW of what I was supposed to do. Finally, I've got the missing piece to the puzzle. I went to class tonight, and after doing your jump video once, and watching it a couple of times, my teacher noticed improvements in my jumps. She said I had good elevation and I was landing much better!! That says it all for me. Your method of teaching really works!!" - Heidi Granberry, Administrative Assistant, Indianapolis, IN
"I love your work! My dance school is becoming renowned in my area because of your sage advice. Thank you for putting into words the thoughts I've always believed."
- Deborah L. Bianca, Artistic Director Dance Theater of New England, Bridgewater, MA