As he did in the Pirouette Class 2 DVD, Finis has broken down the pirouette en dedans (simple, attitude, arabesque, à la seconde) into its component parts and shows you the proper sequence of movement which leads to beautifully balanced and controlled turns. After Finis shows you how to do each exercise, count-by-count, it is demonstrated with elegant precision by Isabella Boylston, the rising star soloist and of The American Ballet Theatre who is receiving standing ovations and critical acclaim for her performances of ballerina roles in both traditional and contemporary classics. Look, listen, learn, and enjoy!
Play this video in 3 modes: Full Class, Individual Exercises, or Workout Mode where you can run the exercises without instruction.
Watch it Now!
Pirouette Class 3 is also available to stream instantly on your computer or mobile device. Click here to learn more!
1. Promenade in retiré devant without battement second, arms 5th
2. Promenade in retiré devant with battement 2nd, arms 1st
3. Promenade in attitude
4. Promenade in arabesque
5. Promenade à la seconde
6. Discussion: The plié relevé
7. Practice the plié relevé at the barre
8. Fondu relevé at the barre
9. Discussion: Turn the supporting arm to 1st & 5th positions
10. Simple pirouette: direct to retiré, arms 5th
11. Simple pirouette: battement second, arms 1st
12. Pirouette en attitude
13. Pirouette en arabesque
14. Pirouette à la seconde
15. Tombé pas de bourrée, pirouette en dedans
16. Piqué arabesque, step to fourth, simple pirouette, sous-sus, pas de bourrée
17. Piqué arabesque, step to fourth, pirouette à la seconde to arabesque, pas de bourrée
18. Piqué turn en dedans on pointe
19. Double piqué turns on pointe
20. Fondu relevé developpé, tombé double pirouettes on pointe
BONUS: Finis Jhung chats with Isabella Boylston
LEVELS 2 & UP. ALL REGIONS DVD. 75 minutes. 20 Exercises. Taught by Finis Jhung. Demonstrated by Isabella Boylston. CD Music by Scott Killian: New Ballet Music 10 "Special Places", New Ballet Music 13 "Inspirations",
New Ballet Music 4 "All in 3/4".
"Your tribute to ballet world is immense . . . I love you because you focus on the essence of the movement &emdash; where it starts from — and it's so logical and beautiful! All the best to you and your teaching!"
—Aurora Benelli, Firenze, Italy
"What a delight! I am thrilled! It is a priceless DVD with your directions, her execution and the exquisite combinations you choreographed. Thank you!"
—Ileana Soare, NYC, NY